Tuesday 24 January 2012

Music Magazine - Double Page Spread; Final Ideas and Improvements

After properly looking over my music magazine double page spread; I realized that there were quite a few improvements to be made to get it up to standard.
I also was not very pleased with the page image that i had chosen to use - not only was it one i had previously taken and used for my College Magazine project - but it was also not up to scratch in terms of sharpness.


I then came to the decision that the image of the boy with the headphones who was posing as my recently departed band member in my interview story was a very strong image.
I took to re-editing it from the raw image to enable it to be 'perfect' enough to use in my double page spread as a professional image...


Here is a screen shot of me editing my image.
Previous to opening this image into Picnik - an editing website that allows you to easily create amazing effects with your photography - i used Photoshop to firstly use the Spot Healing Brush tool to smooth out Matt's face.
I then put the image into Picnik and used their Blemish Tool and Airbrush to enable his skin to look like a celebrities.
I also used the shine-be-gone tool to remove the shine in his nose.
After this i changed the image to Black and White and then 'painted' the red of the headphones back into the image to make them stand out and enable the image to be eyecatching.




After editing of my image; i played around with placing the new image into my double page spread...
This consisted of placing the image over the whole of the left hand side - this i felt made the image look really strong.
I then moved the Masthead of the article over the top of the image - using Object then Arrange and then "move to front" to enable the title to be seen over the top of the image.
I kept the image in the same colour scheme and font as i feel this still looks really effective.
Now my subheading for my Double Page Spread has been removed and re-scaled to make it fit as another heading and the whole interview text has been moved upwards and the font increased.
I then added a small caption sized image of the previously chosen image that formerly wanted to use - so as to show the other 'band members'.


Here is my finished result:


I am so pleased with the final presentation of the whole interview; photography and double page spread.
I feel it looks very professional and will look great alongside my initial ideas for my Cover and Contents Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment